Every year I like to do a little DIY for my gifties and this holiday was now exception. Last year I did paper flowers, the year before that was photo ribbons, this year I have gone kraft paper bow crazy! Keep reading for the tutorial.
Thursday, December 18, 2014
Wednesday, December 17, 2014
Have you visited the I Love Love blog lately?
Here's what I've been sharing over there lately,
Today, I made a disco ball garland.
To go along with that tutorial, I did a New Years Rockin' Eve mood board.
Last week I recapped my experience at the Laura Hooper Calligraphy workshop,
and I share 10 fabulous hand-addressed envelopes.
Tuesday, December 16, 2014
As we have the past few years, we turned to Minted to create our holiday cards and could not be happier with the results! While in London, I brought my tripod and we found a darling street behind our hotel to to a little self-maternity/holiday card session. I think we got a few precious shots, including the one we used on the card and the outtakes below.
The design we used is called "Limitless Joy" and the colors enhanced the whimsy of the Kensington street. We used flat card option with the timeline backer to tell the CliffsNotes version of our busy buys year. And, one BIG bonus, Minted is offering free printed envelope addressing, which was so easy to use and yielded awesome results.
Our 2013 and 2012 cards.
Monday, December 15, 2014
Haha, I found a way to incorporate tassels into a little boy room! I've been working on the baby room little by little and my most recent project was some fun, color-adding oversized leather tassel curtain tiebacks.
I made them into curtain tie-backs for the baby room.
Keep reading for the tutorial.
Tuesday, December 9, 2014
In case you missed my other posts, we spent Thanksgiving in London celebrating our babymoon. Yesterday I shared a few fabulous shots of Christmas in the city, now here are a few of us playing tourist. We spent Thanksgiving day seeing the Tower of London (my favorite thing we did) and riding the London Eye. Friday we visited Portobello Road Market (wish I bought more goodies to share with you) and toured Kensington Palace. Our last day was spent at The Globe Theater and seeing Buckingham Palace. All in between exploring the charming neighborhoods (Chelsea was my favorite), eating at lots of pubs, shopping and enjoying our last vacation before the baby arrives. As always with me and Europe, she doesn't disappoint, and this trip was no exception.
Monday, December 8, 2014
I thought Christmas in New York was special, but across the pound, they really know how to out do us Americans when it comes to holiday decorating. Lights were draped over every street, beautiful holiday arrangements for sale filled the side walks, holiday markets littered the parks and a city that already exudes charm, was overflowing with it. Here are a few images I captured of the city's holiday spirit.
Friday, December 5, 2014
Today is the day I share my annual personal Holiday Wish list. This year was so full of great happenings and changes that I don't feel like I really need anything! However, if anyone wants to get me a gift anyway, below are the items I'm lusting after.
1. Fujifilm Instax instant camera, because sometimes physical photos are fun too, especially if they are instant.
2. Wireless speakers, the piece of the entertaining piece of the puzzle I've been missing.
3. These handmade, gold-rimmed dessert plates from Suite one Studio, would look so amazing with my current selection of colored glass.
4. I'd even let this pick slide as a Christmas/birthday gift, I have been obsessing over this moonstone ring for quite some time now.
5. Adorably charming vases.
6. a sophisticated, yet whimsical leather phone case, can even be monogramed!
7. In contrast to the modern speakers, wouldn't it be fun to have a gold record player to create the perfect ambiance?
8. The new Kate Spade coffee table book, "Places to Go, People to See," because every gal needs a little more charm in her livingroom.
9. a farm-fresh flower subscription from The Bouqs would keep me happy all year long.
10. The prettiest decanter I ever did see.