Holiday party season one, Lauren zero. Friday we had our company party and we definitely took advantage of the open bar. But alas, my almost-thirty-year-old body did not care for the shenanigans. I spent the first part of the day on the couch, until I had to drag myself to my photography class, then back out for party number two of the weekend. Sunday brought relax, project and flea market time, the usual weekend activities around here. Hope you all had a fabulous party-filled weekend.
Come follow me on Instagram.
Monday, December 9, 2013
Friday, December 6, 2013
It's the holiday season and I'm seeing red EVERYWHERE! and it just happens to be the color I'll be donning to my first holiday party tonight. Hope you have a fabulous weekend and don't forget to be bold.
1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8
Get the look.
Thursday, December 5, 2013
My third gift guide adds a personal touch to ordinary objects. The gifts below are perfect for anyone, including, but not limited to, the hostess, your sister-in-law, picky best friend, or coworker secret santa. A monogram gift is personal and thoughtful, and there are so many great options available, below is just a few of my favorites.
1. wear your name on your sleeve, or your chest, with this preppy intarsia sweater from C. Wonder
2. adorning your neck with the initial of loved one makes for a very romantic gesture, and this pave disc pendant is perfect
3. a charming phone case that lets everyone know it's yours
4. gift the hostess-with-the-mostest these monogramed linen cocktail napkins
5. Put all your essentials into this little pouch to make swapping out your handbag a breeze.
6. keep your fingers warm in style with these hand-painted leather gloves
7. class up your bar with a monogramed decanter
8. a lovely illustrated initial plate makes a sweet catch-all
9. every chic, modern bar should be finished with personalized, croco leather coasters
Check out Mark and Gramham, West Elm, Bauble Bar and C. Wonder for lots more monogram goodness.
Wednesday, December 4, 2013
Eleven down, one to go, in this quest to record my year through photos of my feet. This month we slowed down and stayed put in the city. I spent my weekends at my photography class and practicing my skills. My winter wardrobe came out and the Vespa went in storage. We caught a basketball game, did some shopping and hosted our first Thanksgiving! It was a wonderful month to usher in the hectic
Tuesday, December 3, 2013
This past weekend was full of holiday delights. Not only was Thanksgiving dinner great, but earlier in the day I snuck over to Central Park to catch a glimpse of the parade. I scoped out the perfect spot for next year too! Friday I did a little black Friday shopping and picked up the b-e-a-utiful shoes from my November wish list, only in red and 40% off! I also returned to the the flea market and scored the brass and velvet chairs that have been haunting my dreams for two weeks. Saturday night, Kyle and I had dinner at the Todd English Food Hall in The Plaza and took a tour of holiday windows. It was a perfect New York date night. The rest of the weekend I spent decorating and getting into the holiday spirit.
Monday, December 2, 2013
Thursday we took our first turn hosting Thanksgiving dinner. Five guests and two dogs was the perfect number for our apartment. I was ecstatic to set the table with some new goodies, including our never-been-used wedding china (Vera Wang Grosgrain), West Elm Gold Flatware and gold napkins I scored for $2 each! The flower arrangement was a bodega DIY, in a West Elm vase, and I spray painted leaves from my yard gold. I think it turned out to be a charming little table.
It was a team effort, with our friends taking on the turkey, stuffing and gravy. The rest of the menu included appetizers, fried artichokes, warm brie with chutney and cashews. Polenta with wild mushrooms, roasted garlic mashed potatoes and Brussels sprouts as sides. And classic apple pie and a layered pumpkin cheesecake for dessert.
I am so thankful to have wonderful friends to join us for the special celebration.
Tuesday, November 26, 2013
I've been a very good girl this year. I blogged almost everyday, I kept my shoe buying to a minimum and I ate more kale than I've ever eaten before. If Santa makes all of my dreams come true, I will find all the goodies below under my tree this year.
1. I've been OBSESSED with this brass peace sign for nearly a year, I really hope it makes it's way under the tree
2. I saw these bow pumps and exclaimed "I found the shoes of my dreams!" I think I need them.
3. Santa Baby, I forgot to mention one little thing, a ring
4. A designer can never have enough design books for inspiration and "Brooklyn Design" offers so much swoon-worthy goodness from across the river.
5. gotta love fashion tongue-in-cheek, this tshirt says "I don't take it too seriously"
6. I cannot wait to get my hands on this ribbon printer and go crazy labeling and creating!
7. It's time. After three plus years, my iPhone 4 is ready for an upgrade, in gold, naturally.
8. I can't have just one, I need the small, medium, large trophy bowl set. Don't forget the tray, please.
9. Gold foil napkins add some sparkle to my holiday table and make a great stocking stuffer.
10. Fabulous and eco-friendly! This pillow from Amber Interiors is made from antique indigo hemp fabric.